Become an Expert in the Pensions Industry
- Star Actuarial Futures
- Any UK Office / hybrid with 1 day p/w office-based
- £ dependent upon experience
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams)
Are you looking to experience the full range of specialism within a retirement solutions team? Our client offers exactly this, with several exciting part-qualified and qualified actuarial roles available.
This major global provider of financial solutions rotates its actuarial analysts around different specialist teams, including a market-leading risk team, investment and DC teams, working for both trustee and corporate clients.
The actuarial analyst role within the organisation is varied and will include:
- Taking ownership of the production and delegation of actuarial work, including technical calculations, drafting advice papers, and setting and negotiating budgets.
- Participating in client phone calls and meetings, delivering advice directly to clients.
- Taking on responsibility for developing junior colleagues.
- Actively driving service improvements where appropriate and ensuring legislative, regulatory, business and professional standards are followed.
- Supporting specialist teams on ad-hoc projects including risk settlement, incentive exercises and member options, GMP equalisation and more.
The role can be based in any of its 9 UK offices, with a mix of hybrid and office working and flexible working solutions. They offer a competitive rewards package, comprehensive study support and the potential to advance within a growing global organisation.
Recent pensions experience and industry knowledge is expected, plus the successful candidates will have a strong mathematical background with the ability to explain technical solutions in a clear way.
Talented pensions consultants who have ceased taking the actuarial exams will also be considered.
Our client will consider those looking for a part-time role, encourages a diverse range of applicants and can support those returning from a career break.
Contact us now for more information regarding these excellent career development roles within a leading-edge firm.
Sandra Lehane-Kelly | Associate Director
M: +44 (0)7510 385603
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 160 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 50 placements with several clients.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 65 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
- +44 2037419500
6 London Street
New London House
Apply for Become an Expert in the Pensions Industry
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert