Finance Business Partner - Insurance
- London, England
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Since Aspen was founded in 2002, we have become a leading, diversified specialty insurance and reinsurance company. We respond thoughtfully and creatively to find the best outcomes for our clients and business partners through carefully-tailored solutions.
We believe the way we work is just as important as the work we do, and we are guided by our core values of respect, honesty, trust and professionalism.
Aspen is a great place to develop your career offering an exciting and challenging environment where achievement is rewarded.
Delivers global insurance financial results to the Executive Committee, Insurance senior management and underwriters, supporting the production of the annual financial business plan working with multiple departments across the organisation, preparing insightful analysis to support the commercial decision-making process to identify opportunities and threats. Works in partnership with Global Underwriting Product Heads, Group MI and the Insurance CFO to drive the accuracy and timeliness of MI and support in the production of the annual business plan. Aspen Values are demonstrated in the delivery and performance of the role.
Strategy and Planning
- Assist in the production of the global insurance annual business plan, partnering with Underwriting Heads to drive an optimised business plan
- Collaborates and supports the Head of Insurance Finance on segment-led projects/activities, taking ownership and accountability as directed on specific projects/activities
Policy, Process and Procedures
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues to coordinate responses on MI, plan, reforecasts and financial reporting activities relating to pricing, claims, and expenses
- Responsible for identifying improvement opportunities and designing and implementing associated enhancements
- Utilises the data stored in the Group's FP&A toolset for segment requirements, observing and contributory to enhancing data integrity
- Utilises insurance industry experience to ensure analysis is relevant and useful to the business community.
- Face-off to the business on the communication and ownership of the quarterly financial result, monthly GWP reporting, and annual Plan
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
- Acts as a point of contact for Underwriting Heads in respect of financial information relating to their respective teams for plan and actuals
- Collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders across Underwriting lines of business, Group Finance, Segment Finance, Reserving, Pricing, Outwards Reinsurance Accounting, Investments and Strategy
- Analysis and reporting of Aspen's global insurance financial data and quarterly results
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of Quarterly global insurance MI
- Assist in the production of reporting and line of business Quarterly Performance Reviews
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies, automation and streamlining of existing activities and actively review the Insurance portfolios for opportunities and threats to profitability
- Provides insurance industry experience and technical accounting knowledge to guide senior management.
Skills & experience
Knowledge And Experience
At Aspen we know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is good for our people, good for our business and good for the environments in which we operate. We therefore welcome applications from people which allows us to draw on diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert