Ceded Reinsurance Data and Analytics Manager
- London, England
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Markel:Avencia Consulting are an RPO who provide a recruitment service to our client Markel International.
The Global Ceded Reinsurance Department is responsible for overseeing reinsurance strategy and placement and performs a critical role in managing and hedging reinsurance risk through the effective use of reinsurance. We are seeking a manager to strengthen/lead the ceded reinsurance strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the Ceded Re Data and Analytics function, managing a team of four in the UK and US, supporting Markel's global reinsurance placements.
- Develop Markel's Ceded Re analytics capabilities to enhance our ability to analyse structures and strategies to optimise profitability and return on capital within internal risk appetites.
- Manage the preparation of Ceded Reinsurance data exhibits within Reinsurance renewal submissions, partnering with Reinsurance Placement to ensure all exhibits are collated timely and accurately.
- Support post placement data capture and analysis, including spend analysis, cost allocation and impact on profitability.
- Develop reporting solutions to provide valuable Ceded Reinsurance insights and services to the business.
- Provide technical guidance and training to team members.
- Work closely with underwriting leadership to understand Markel's product lines and the appropriate reinsurance strategy considerations for each product line.
- Build strong working relationships with our reinsurance brokers, underwriting leadership, and key data owners.
What we're looking for:
- Advanced understanding of insurance, reinsurance and actuarial concepts.
- Strong project management, organisational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve with limited support on ambiguous requests or requirements.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with various reporting and business intelligence tools.
What's in it for you:
A very competitive basic salary plus bonus & benefits
25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to buy / sell extra leave
Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts and cash back on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
The possibility of working from both the office and from home (hybrid), flexible working or other options are available
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere within Markel
You'll be joining a global network of experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple teams and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert