Actuarial Advisor - Prudential Risk
- Legal & General
- Up to £100,000 + Car Allowance, Benefits & Bonus
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Banking and finance, Life insurance, Pensions, Reinsurance, Risk management, Solvency II, Systems
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Qualified Actuary to join us as an Actuarial Adviser - Prudential Risk here at L&G.
Within this role you will advise on actuarial policy and provide oversight of the prudential risk and capital management of the long-term business of both Legal & General Assurance Society (LGAS) and the wider L&G Group.
You will also advise on the actuarial methods and management of LGAS’s life and pensions business. And assist with the development and implementation of systems/processes which support the production and analysis of all reported results of LGAS’s life and pensions business.
This broad and varied role is a hybrid working opportunity, which means you can split your working week flexibly between your home and our London office in Moorgate to help achieve a work-life balance which suits you.
What you'll be doing
- Providing advice on the setting of actuarial policy for all reported results for LGAS ensuring that they meet professional and statutory requirements and any further Group requirements.
- Contributing to the overall prudential risk management of LGAS, including oversight of strategic business planning, dividend affordability, stress & scenario testing and forecasting.
- Supporting groupwide oversight of market, ALM and liquidity risks.
- Supporting groupwide oversight of insurance and reinsurance risks.
- Supporting in the execution of projects as required from an actuarial, risk and capital perspective so that the long-term actuarial impact is fully understood by the business and reflected in recommendations made.
- Ensuring that Business Units & Group Functions consider the risk and capital impact of key strategic decisions, particularly with reference to the impact on the LGAS Legal Entity.
- Providing oversight of the methodology used for all reporting, ensuring that formal approval of such methodology is obtained, where appropriate, via the Technical Review Committee or GIMC.
- Providing high-level peer review and oversight of all entity results and change mechanisms to support the production of results to professional and regulatory standards and to acceptable levels of materiality.
- Providing the Business Unit finance & Prudential Risk functions with support to resolve methodology issues that arise during external reporting exercises, providing the necessary policy and methodology advice to ensure that reporting timetables can be met. Including facilitating the process of gaining audit and Group approval for any required change.
- Assisting in reviewing the results and recommendations of internal and external financial reporting investigations to enable the establishment of assumptions within agreed timescales, to professional standards and to agreed standards of quality and control.
- Identifying opportunities for generating and exploiting real capital synergies within LGAS and with other parts of the Group. Including working with the Business Unit finance, pricing and risk functions to develop insights and identify opportunities to deploy capital more efficiently.
- Building and maintaining contacts across and outside the business to ensure understanding of actuarial requirements and the impact of actuarial issues on the business.
What were looking for
- A Qualified Actuary.
- Detailed understanding of Solvency II.
- Knowledge of actuarial liability reporting and analysis across all metrics.
- Detailed understanding of financial and insurance risk management of insurance business.
- The ability to manage, persuade and communicate to key stakeholders.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing at various levels and to stakeholders with various technical understanding.
- Strong data analysis skills
- A problem solver, who can look beyond the problem to effectively find a resolution.
- Effective planning capabilities, with the ability to follow through and execute those plans.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Our commitment to you - Allowing you to be yourself
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From the outside, we may seem familiar. On the inside, we are anything but.
At Legal & General, everything we do is driven by our vision to build a better society and improve the lives of our customers while creating value for our shareholders. We invest today’s money such as pension funds, into tomorrow’s assets: investments which will not only pay a return in the very long term, but will also contribute to a better economic future.
We are one of the UK’s leading financial services groups and with over £1 trillion in total assets under management, the UK’s largest investment manager for corporate pension schemes, with plans to expand our international businesses in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
From affordable housing and urban regeneration to clean energy and small business finance, there is so much more to us than what meets the eye. So take a closer look. Get involved. Be curious. And you may be surprised!
At Legal & General, we know it is you who enable us to be brilliant and are proud to be home to a community of diverse actuarial talent, a community which is committed to making the numbers mean more. So why not take the next step and explore one of the many opportunities we currently have to be a part of it?
Don't just take our word for it. Click here to hear directly about what life is like as an actuary at Legal & General from Vibha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBf1YQ9-_w
If you're interested in learning more, please contact Jordan Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal & General
One Coleman Street
Apply for Actuarial Advisor - Prudential Risk
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert