Pricing Analyst - Python experience
- Bolton Associates
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Up to £70K + bonus + benefits
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- General insurance, IT
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Nearly qual (11+ exams), Part qual (1-10 exams), Analyst
London market company is seeking an analyst with Python experience. Ideally you will have worked extensively with Python and another programming language such as T#/C#/VBA/VB.NET. The role will focus on the following:
Transfer existing pricing models from both Excel based workbooks and Riskflow replicating all functionality.
• Development of wire frames in collaboration with the pricing actuaries and underwriters.
• Coding the model logic within Tyche using T# and Python, translating actuarial concepts into code.
• Build intuitive, responsive user interfaces that underwriters can use seamlessly in their day-to-day underwriting.
• Ensuring models are built in Tyche in line with established principles to maintain synergies and consistency in data capture across models.
• Maintain change control integrity and documenting models and systems from a technical and functional perspective.
• Oversight of class-by-class data migration process, bespoke data extraction from historical models built in spreadsheets and migrating into the Tyche database.
• Robust testing and validation of model functionality within Tyche
• Liaising with software provider to ensure all functionality is working correctly and all efficiencies are benefitted from.
• Assist in platform upgrades, patch deployment, widget updates and tool migration as required by version update cycle.
• Assisting in the development of visual reporting in Power BI to leverage the data captured by the Tyche Pricing Models.
You may be studying the actuarial exams or have stopped / never sat them. The key is experience user of python and as such this is very much a developer role.
**UPDATE: All Bolton Associates' Consultants are working from home. We remain committed to our Clients and Candidates alike, and available to chat about the market, your careers, requirements, and the future! We are all set up for Zoom, Skype and other ways to facilitate recruitment needs, in these unconventional times. And there's plenty to talk about.....all contact numbers are on our website: www.bolton-associates.co.uk Speak soon!"**
We work with clients in the Lloyd’s and London Market and across the insurance industry as a whole, and have an extensive network to whom we can introduce our candidates.
From a candidate perspective we can work with you at all levels, from graduate entry to Senior Partner, CRO and beyond.
Many of our roles are exclusive and therefore always worth speaking to us to hear about the new and exciting opportunities in the market.
There is nothing mysterious about the way we work or some magic recruitment formula as to how we consistently deliver outstanding results.
As one of the longest-standing headhunters in this sector, we have many years of experience, and we all have the passion and enthusiasm to make a real difference.
We are good at what we do, because we enjoy what we do.
Contact details: Zoe Bolton
Telephone: 0207 250 4718
- 020 3544 4850
34 Lime Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert