Finance Business Partner - Actuarial
- London, England
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Since Aspen was founded in 2002, we have become a leading, diversified specialty insurance and reinsurance company. We respond thoughtfully and creatively to find the best outcomes for our clients and business partners through carefully-tailored solutions.
We believe the way we work is just as important as the work we do, and we are guided by our core values of respect, honesty, trust and professionalism.
Aspen is a great place to develop your career offering an exciting and challenging environment where achievement is rewarded.
The Business Partner - Finance/Actuarial, is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely data and analysis between the group's finance and actuarial teams. This role will assume responsibility for providing analysis of finance booked technical provisions and results to multiple stakeholders internally, including underwriting teams, finance, actuarial, treasury, capital management and various other business stakeholders.
- Build, maintain and develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, specifically between Finance and Actuarial, but also Outwards Reinsurance Operations and Finance, Underwriting teams, Capital Management, and various other business stakeholders as appropriate to achieving business objectives.
- Build, maintain and develop strong relations with certain external stakeholders, and ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of data between parties where applicable.
- Enhance and further develop internal management information capabilities to support finance and actuarial teams and other internal stakeholder activities.
- Support the Finance and Actuarial teams in the provision of forecast cashflow information to the Group Treasury team as it relates to insurance technical provisioning.
- Ensuring data quality is maintained at a high standard, and that emergent and historic data issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Enhance and develop detailed and integrated Key Performance Indicators in support of business partner service delivery standards, and in support of data provisioning processes.
- Demonstrate the accuracy and completeness of outputs of the department through the maintenance of effective controls, evidenced appropriately in line with the Group's control frameworks, including SOX.
- Manage ad-hoc requests for data, reporting or analysis relating to insurance and reinsurance segment reserving matters.
- Represent finance at key forums and internal meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all agreed control procedures.
- Assist in various change agenda project, both directly related to technical reserving matters and other projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Promote the importance of service delivery and technical excellence
- Work closely with the Finance Transformation Project teams to ensure that the processes and controls are subject to continuous improvement in order to deliver data quality, process efficiency, standardisation and transparency across all business processes.
- Support the optimisation of technology and automation of processes.
- Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of the function's objectives.
- Utilize in-depth disciplinary knowledge to understand the group strategy and partner with the business to develop a forward-looking annual budget, forecasts, trend and variance analysis.
- Ensure the right data is there at the right time to ensure proactive analysis and forecasting enabling identification and documentation of issues, variances, trends, etc.
- Participate in annual budget forecasts, 3 year strategic and operating plans and monthly estimate outlook process.
- Proactively approach analysis and reporting to identify financial concerns and opportunities.
Skills & experience
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Significant experience within a relevant financial business partnering role is essential
- Significant experience within the Insurance industry is essential
We're committed to making Aspen a great place to work, where you're rewarded and recognised for your efforts. As well as your pay and discretionary performance related bonus, you'll also enjoy a huge range of benefits. There are plenty of options available with our exciting benefits package, designed for your health, your family and to help ensure that you enjoy the most from your lifestyle.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert