BPA Pricing Actuary
- Miryco Consultants Ltd
- Reigate, Surrey
- £65,000 - £75,000
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Qualified, Nearly qual (11+ exams)
A specialist in the retirement income market is hiring a newly qualified actuary with excellent Excel and VBA skills for a BPA Pricing role to focus on attractive life insurance consolidation deals. This would be a senior role managing actuarial analysts and actuarial assistants in the Retail Pricing Team.
The company is incredibly high performing, receiving a commendation in the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for and accredited a 2 Star certification by Best Companies. The successful candidate will be placed at the heart of an industry-leading firm within a high-growth team with many opportunities for internal progression.
This individual will be stepping into a senior position within the Retail Pricing team, in which they will be expected to lead the actuarial input of existing propositions and products within Just and support the development and growth of more junior members.
· Support in providing input in all actuarial aspects of the pricing of existing products and allocated development projects.
· Manage Actuarial Analysts and/or Actuarial Assistants in the Retail Pricing team, setting and monitoring objectives to ensure delivery of required outputs.
· Lead actuarial input into projects allocated by the Head of Income/Lending Pricing, which could cover a broad range, but primarily relate to the pricing and development of existing and new propositions.
· Provide technical sign-off for business documents and systems, including appropriateness of message and confirmation of technical accuracy.
Skills & Experience:
· Newly FIA qualified actuary.
· BSc in a numerate discipline (e.g. STEM, Finance, Economics).
· A background in pricing and/or project work relating to new product development in the life/health insurance industry.
· Strong knowledge of the Company’s products and pricing systems.
· Good technical and analytical skills
· Excellent skills with relevant computer packages (i.e. Excel, VBA), including the ability to develop models from scratch within those packages. It is essential that the role holder has the combination of such modelling skills with a background in their application to pricing and product development work as a result of actual experience in a pricing and product development role.
Salary: Up to £75,000
Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship.
Follow Miryco Consultants for similar opportunities across banking, insurance and asset management.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert