We have an exciting new vacancy for a part-qualified actuary to join the Actuarial Function of a well-known general insurance company. This position comes with a fully supported study package as well as a hybrid working structure. The Actuarial Trainee will work across a variety of areas and closely alongside other teams within the business.
About the Actuarial Trainee position:
The Actuarial Trainee will work across the company’s reinsurance and reserving areas of business. The role is open to part-qualified actuaries capable of balancing studying for professional exams and workload. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from senior actuaries and gain a variety of experience.
Responsibilities for the Actuarial Trainee position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- CAT modelling and assisting in the renewal of reinsurance agreements
- Aiding with the regulatory reporting processes
- Cooperating within the Actuarial Function team and liaising with other teams
- Data analysis and communication of results to other stakeholders in the company
Actuarial abilities required:
The Actuarial Trainee role would best suit a part-qualified actuary with previous general insurance experience and ideally experience in some of the following:
- Experience in reserving, re-insurance, and/or within an actuarial function.
- Strong IT skills including Excel, SAS, and R.