Capital Actuary: £80,000 – £100,000
Syndicate, City of London
We are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for a Capital Actuary to join a rapidly growing Lloyd’s syndicate.
The successful candidate will develop and adapt the internal model to meet Lloyd’s requirements, and assist in the production of regulatory returns, including reporting to Lloyd’s and UK regulators. The successful candidate will be responsible for the model’s accuracy, scalability and robustness.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of stakeholders, including actuaries, data scientists, analysts, and underwriters. You will be expected to collaborate with these teams to provide technical support, develop new ideas and solutions, and ensure that the internal model is efficiently used to support the company’s strategies.
We are looking for a nearly/newly qualified actuarial analyst with capital modelling experience in general insurance. The desirable candidate will have knowledge of Excel (essential), Igloo, Tyche (desirable) and excellent analytical problem-solving abilities and a passion to learn and develop. A candidate with Lloyd’s/London market experience would be valuable.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of capital modelling in a highly respected, progressive, and forward-thinking environment. If you’re a motivated and talented individual with strong problem-solving skills, then this could be the role for you! Responsibilities:
From you they are looking:
- Model development to ensure the accuracy of the internal model.
- Involvement in the primary validation of the internal model, including design and execution of validation testing.
- Assist with the parameterisation of the internal model.
- Support the internal model management to meet Lloyd’s capital requirements.
- Ability to simply complex topics and communicate findings to colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- Part/nearly qualified actuarial analyst.
- Actuarial capital modelling experience in general insurance.
- A numerate degree achieving a 2:1 or higher.
- Lloyd’s/London market experience would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Office is essential.
- Knowledge of Igloo and/or Tyche would be very desirable.
Interested? Please contact Victoria Phoenix or more info:
#actuaryjobs #lloydsoflondon #insurancejobs