Head of Group Capital (Actuary)
- NFU Mutual
- Stratford upon Avon (CV37)
- Competitive Six Figure Salary + Annual Bonus of up to 33%
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- General insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Head of Group Capital (Actuary)
Stratford upon Avon (CV37)
Competitive Six Figure Salary + Annual Bonus of up to 33%
- Working across both GI and FS
About the role
Working at NFU Mutual as the Head of Group Capital (known internally as the Group Capital Actuary) you will be in a key strategic role for the business, taking responsibility for the development of robust and market leading capital modelling and capital management strategies.
From a technical perspective, you will design, develop, and maintain the Group’s strategy for the NFU Mutual Group Internal Model. This will include leading the company’s response for PRA queries and requests to justify the company position while minimising any capital implications.
This is a senior leadership role within the Risk Division of NFU Mutual, with exposure to our Executive Board, Chief Risk Officer and Non-Exec directors. As a result, you’ll have excellent stakeholder skills which will also allow you to work closely with a wide range of business areas such as Risk, Underwriting, Reinsurance, Pricing, Finance, Investment Management and Strategy - utilising their skills, knowledge, and processes in the development of the capital model and setting of capital management strategies.
You will be a key figure in ensuring compliance with regulatory constraints and reporting requirements to the regulator, keeping abreast of industry developments to ensure compliance with industry best practice.
There will also be the opportunity to establish the risk and capital implications for Asset Allocation decisions taken by the Investment Function and advise on the risk appetite that the Group must operate within.
You will be a qualified Actuary, with a strong Capital background within General Insurance. Knowledge of, or experience of working in Wealth Management / Financial Services would be of benefit, but not a pre-requisite for this role.
As a leader within NFU Mutual, you will lead a team of 9, consisting of a mix of qualified (5) and trainee (4) actuaries. This is a high performing team, who you will continue to grow and develop to support their progression through the business.
- Relevant degree (e.g. Honours in Maths, Science, Economics) Professionally qualified with FFA or FIA
Experience and Knowledge
- Deep knowledge and understanding of general insurance capital management best practice within the insurance market Strong understanding of financial markets and related systems
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive Six Figure Salary Annual bonus (up to 33% of salary) Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution 28 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme Car Allowance Private Health Insurance A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies.
Working at NFU Mutual
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2022 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
Closing date for applications: 10th February 2023.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert