A unique opportunity has arisen with a well-known insurance provider to join their Solvency II, IFRS 17, and Modelling team as their IFRS17 Team Lead. The successful individual will be responsible for a team of 4 and will report to the team Manager. This position offers a competitive package and the opportunity to join a company that is known for its excellent employee benefits and culture.
About the IFRS17 Team Lead Position
Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining expert knowledge of IFRS17 processes, models, and reporting rules
- Presenting IFRS17 results to senior management and stakeholders
- Responding punctually to IFRS17 audit queries
- Communicating cross-functionally on the IFRS17 project and implementing evolutions as needed
- Model maintenance and development
Actuarial Skills Required
The IFRS 17 Team Lead role would best suit a Qualified Actuary but is open to candidates still completing their actuarial exams. This position is also open to candidates from a life or non-life background. Experience of IFRS17, Solvency II and Prophet coding are essential.
Candidates must have a strong technical background and ideally have experience of the following:
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Excel and VBA
- Leadership and/or management skills or experience a clear advantage