A client of ours is looking for an experienced Data Scientist with general insurance experience within the London or Lloyd's market. The primary responsibility of the role is to initially implement this new data science team into the underwriting function and after that success, the role will cover everything from data capture all the way to introducing machine learning into the underwriting function.
The role will be amazingly diverse and due to the new nature of the team, there's an abundance of flexibility to lead the team in the direction the successful candidate sees fit. This position will have direct reports from day one, extensive stakeholder management responsibilities and almost full autonomy over the team.
- UK general insurance experience either from an underwriting, catastrophe modelling, actuarial or data science background
- A maths-based university degree such as mathematics, physics or engineering
- Strong working knowledge Python, R and SQL
- Previous stakeholder management experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exposure, and an interest in, machine learning and other data science techniques
Salary is up to £110,000 and 2 days in the office. * This role is based in London and you must be in the UK to apply. Unfortunately this role cannot offer sponsorship at this time. *
Apply today or reach out to Charlie on Charlie.Stewart@Arthur.co.uk