Aptuary is working with a pensions consultancy who are looking for individuals with strong analytical skills to work as technical specialists in their pensions actuarial team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical pension analysis, calculations and modelling to support the consulting teams in the provision of pensions advice to corporate and trustee clients.
• Develop the company’s modelling capabilities and support client-facing teams with a range of complex actuarial modelling projects. This includes producing high quality, bespoke models and deliverables addressing key client issues.
• Check work produced by junior colleagues, ensuring it is technically excellent and that calculations are accurate.
• Take responsibility for and manage multiple small projects.
• Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines.
• Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance, particularly in relation to compliance with the Technical Actuarial Standards.
• Either studying for the FIA actuarial exams and making good progress or otherwise having a strong grasp of actuarial calculations and techniques (e.g. part-qualified actuary who has decided not to continue the exams).