An opportunity has arisen for a Capital Actuary to join a well-known insurance organisation. This position is ideal for a non-life Nearly Qualified or Qualified Capital Actuary. The Capital Actuary role will enable the successful candidate to sharpen their analytical skills and improve their communication skills in an international, market-leading company. The role offers excellent assistance for working flexibly along with a competitive salary and benefits.
About the Capital Actuary role
The successful individual will join the company’s Capital Modelling Team and will report to the Head of Capital Modelling in Ireland. They will ensure suitable modelling and communication of the company’s risk profile in a way that meets their standards.
Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Building and improving internal models – meeting deadlines, collaborating with colleagues during reviews and adjustments, and ensuring standards are met
- Enhancing the communication process during production of Capital Model reports
- Further validating models through examining outputs and assessing inputs
- Providing documentation to a correct regulatory standard and answering risk or capital-related concerns
Actuarial Skills Required
The role would suit a non-life Newly or Nearly Qualified Actuary who has prior experience in insurance. Candidates must have great numerical and analytical skills, a good ability to communicate, and ideally have experience in the following:
- Prior experience in or good knowledge of capital modelling
- Highly proficient in Excel and ideally proficient in VBA
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Matthew O’Connor at email@example.com or by phoning 0852631865 or contact Jacqui van Teutem on 0862931015 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com