Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated actuarial advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
Our Insurance and Longevity Consulting (ILC) Team provides consultancy services to a range of insurance and non-insurance clients. Our clients range from large multinationals and small niche insurers to regulators and the Actuarial Profession, based across a range of territories. The ILC Team is predominantly based in London and has around 35 staff of which approximately half are qualified actuaries.
Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients. We operate in a friendly and supportive environment. Our team consists of talented, motivated and enthusiastic individuals who support the development of our business.
We are looking for a Senior Actuary to join our Insurance and Longevity Consulting practice to help support our continued growth in providing outsourced actuarial function services. The individual should have at least 7 years post qualification experience and hold the Life Practising Certificate (or at least be in the process of obtaining it). Our ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing an actuarial function, presenting actuarial papers to Boards / Committees and team management.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills, be a self-starter and have a desire to develop more junior team members. Whilst consulting experience is not essential, the candidate should have a passion for developing new ideas and services for our expanding client base. Being able to build strong partnerships with our clients is a must!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out the role of Chief Actuary for a number of outsourced clients
- Carrying out Reviewing Actuary work supporting auditors
- Management and development of team members assisting on these roles
- Identifying and assessing process improvements and ensuring that such projects are delivered effectively
- Marketing and developing these services with the Partner responsible for developing services for the life sector
- Contributing to thought leadership on actuarial and regulatory matters.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What We Offer
- Opportunities to progress - we're growing which gives you the opportunities to shape your career.
- Work-life balance - we're committed to encouraging our staff to achieve the work-life balance that they desire. We encourage our people to work where they can be most productive, keeping in mind the need for team and client interaction.
- Benefits package: we offer a competitive benefits package, which we think gives you the freedom to select those benefits most suited to your life style.
If you would like to work for one of the UK’s leading consultancies at the forefront of insurance, risk, pensions and investment, click to apply now!