The role sits in the Central Reserving Function. The team do a twice annual Deep Dive. The role is responsible for the Data piece in the Reserving function. You’ll look at Cat Analysis, as well as regulatory returns and work on development projects.
This role offers wide exposure and breath to a large number of business lines/classes (50+ LOB). A selling feature is this companies culture and structure. The actuarial team is large, meaning it opens up opportunities to move internally.
The role focuses on providing support across the Reserving sub team which include:
- Production of gross and ceded reserve estimates from 6 monthly reserving reviews
- Conversion of underwriting year results to GAAP basis
- Working with the finance team to understand P&L impact of the reviews
- Data/MI production for use across the reserving team
- Supporting downstream processes e.g. audit work, regulatory returns
- 18 months to 3 years experience. Ideally someone with London Market Reserving, but open to those who come from Personal/Commercial lines, but have multiple line experience.
- Open to those with experience in either Pricing or Capital also within the London Market who are looking to learn something new.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Ashley Beatens at Fairbank Partners on 07834 551 325. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.