Ogden Scott are exclusively working in partnership with a niche commercial lines insurer who are seeking a Reserving Manager. In this pivotal role, the successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Chief Actuary, whilst also interacting with senior stakeholders during a time of expansion and growth within the company.
With a strong belief in a supportive and collaborative team culture, the company is dedicated to the development of its employees. This role offers major visibility, and as such offers unique progression opportunities within the business.
Other duties include:
- Oversee the reserving function, including development of reserving models;
- Work in partnership with external auditors to ensure accurate submissions of financial results, in line with UK legislation;
- Monitor developments in legislation, Group guidance and actuarial standards; co-ordinate impact analysis and adoption; monitor adherence;
- Prepare and present at governance committees to senior stakeholders;
- Act as paragon individual for the departmental quality procedures ensuring standard practice is followed, whilst also offering expert advice to the improve of business strategies.
- 3-4 years’ experience as a qualified actuary within a reserving function;
- Experience of effectively managing a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good knowledge of commercial lines;
- A dedicated and positive attitude.
To hear more about this role, please apply to the link on this page.