Delivering quality teaching and cutting-edge distance learning
An exciting opportunity to shape the careers of future actuaries as part of the team delivering our innovative learning programme. As a subject-matter expert, help both craft and teach an industry-leading syllabus, creating first-class distance learning materials, and supporting everyone with regular practical guidance. From marking scripts to planning future strategy, you’ll play an integral role in upholding the highest teaching standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing and teaching quality actuarial courses – online and across various locations
- Answering student queries by telephone, email and forums in an efficient and timely manner
- Writing, updating and reviewing distance-learning materials to the highest standards
- Sharing regular practical guidance for all students
- Providing feedback to the actuarial profession on core examination reading
- Attending and participating in the planning of future strategy
- Marking scripts accurately and efficiently giving helpful advice to students
- Carrying out all required administrative duties in the timescales required
- Supporting the division’s smooth running and its excellent customer service
Choose a better work-life balance
In addition, you’ll have the flexibility of a home-based role, with the option to work from one of our centres should you wish. Either way, you’ll benefit from a vibrant workplace and a culture that believes in looking after others, while being part of a diverse workforce where difference is celebrated. In addition, you’ll work alongside other like-minded professionals who champion progress, while having opportunities to develop in an environment where creativity and innovation is rewarded. On top of a competitive salary, we provide a generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days, and there’s a rewards package that includes retail discounts, Group Personal Pension Plan, dedicated healthcare and dental plans that offer additional assurance to look after you and your family. Brilliantly, you can also study any of BPP’s courses for free – be it a professional qualification or full degree.
What we’re looking for
- Relevant actuarial qualification and field experience
- Previously marked professional exams for the IFoA and assignments for ActEd beneficial
- Excellent team player – willing to learn from others and share best practice
- Demonstrate logic, reason and efficiency
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Great at prioritising, multi-tasking, and working well under pressure
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Good IT skills
- Genuine commitment to education and student welfare
- Please note that this role will involve traveling long distances and working away from home
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 – the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.