This is a rare opportunity to take on a senior role in a large Australian corporate insurer.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be part of the senior management team and have direct access to the Board.
This role is a highly important position within top tier Australian Insurer giving you responsibility for building, shaping and leading the actuarial team in Australia and for building its profile within the Global Group.
You will be leading and managing a team of actuarial and reinsurance professionals, overseeing reserving, capital management and reinsurance operations for the Australian business, supporting the CFO in these areas.
The Chief Actuary is also the Appointed Actuary, ensuring that the Board and Senior Management receive expert and impartial actuarial advice and review.
You will display proven influencing and leadership skills combined with the necessary technical skills and experience to successfully undertake the role.
Our client offers a wide range of insurance and risk management products and services.
It is one of Australia's largest non-life insurers with over 4 million customers and is one of the leading private Workers' Compensation insurers in Australia providing cover for approximately one in five Australian employees.
Reporting into the CFO, this role combines technical actuarial skills with proven business engagement, team management and leadership skills. It is a key and highly visible role within the organisation and as part of the senior management team you will have input into strategic decisions.
In addition to financial risk management, capital and insurance liability valuation management and Board reporting/interaction, you can expect to be involved in potential acquisitions including valuations and advice, project management – new and ongoing projects which impact on capital and other aspects of the business.
- Proven leadership skills in a large, complex organisational setting, including the ability to influence at all levels, support business outcomes and strategic direction as well as develop staff to build capability across the team.
- Ability to liaise, advise, influence and engage with all stakeholders from external partners, senior management to the Board, demonstrating highly developed verbal, written, presentation & persuasion skills.
- Ability to identify and respond to emerging issues, including demonstrating superior judgment in decision making and prioritisation.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and establish networks within the Insurance community.
- In-depth knowledge of Insurance Liability valuations and FCR requirements with proven capital and risk management knowledge and expertise.
- Qualified Actuary with at least 10 years post-qualified experience, ideally more, in a senior non-life management role.
This is a key role for our client and we are encouraging applications globally. Our client can provide relocation support to secure the right candidate.
Specialist actuarial search firm SKL Executive has been engaged to manage the search and recruitment process.
Contact John Killick on firstname.lastname@example.org or Jas Singh on email@example.com to arrange a confidential discussion