This role requires strategizing, due-diligence, execution, and regular reporting of private market funds as well as co-investment transactions, structuring and referrals. As a member of the External Fund management (EFM) team, the candidate will work closely with strategic partners, asset managers and GPs to meet the company's investment objectives as well as collaborate with other departments.
Conduct due diligence on, manage, and monitor private credit, real estate and private equity managers. This entails having an overview and oversight of the private asset program, which may include:
- Performing and leading various on-boarding work streams, for example, investment, commercial and legal due diligence.
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements, offering memoranda and documentation relating to investment structures.
- Managing and liaising with legal, compliance, tax advisors and other service providers for the negotiation and drafting of legal transaction documentation.
- Representative projects, for example working with external providers for the establishment of investment vehicles or co-investment opportunities.
- Strengthen existing private assets program. The new hire will assist the team in the growth of private asset investments including the build-out of private credit from:
- sourcing, reviewing and due diligence on global private market EFMs and opportunities; to
- managing the approval process, internally and externally with the relevant regulatory bodies; to
- leading private markets related projects and working closely with other departments to optimize the private assets portfolio; to
- monitoring of existing private asset investments and required follow up with strategic partners, asset managers and GPs.
- Monitor the existing investments and the portfolio performance, providing risk analysis and performance review on the private investment portfolios, and address any specific requests for action or approval.
- Relevant experience in structuring, fund of fund or direct investment in private credit, real estate and/or private equity is necessary.
- Working knowledge of databases such as Preqin or Burgiss will be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with strong project and task management skills to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good, relevant undergraduate degree (business, finance, law).
- CFA/CAIA holder and/or Master's degree in finance or business administration from a reputable university will be advantageous