MERJE are partnering with an international General Insurance client, looking for a Qualified GI Actuary.
This role will be reporting directly in to the Chief Actuary and will cover a breadth of technical areas, mainly across Capital and Reserving. You will take the lead and ownership of key tasks and be trusted to present them back to senior stakeholders. The opportunity to lead, mentor and manage other Actuaries and Actuarial students will also be a factor of this requirement.
IFRS 17 preparations will be pivotal in the initial phases of this role, so you'll get hands on experience of the build up to the 2023 deadline.
This could be suited to someone who's at Senior Analyst level and wanting to make the step up in their career. It can also be suited to those already managing small teams/projects and wanting a fresh start.
Maybe you've just Qualified and you're ready to make the next move - this would be perfect for you.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Actuary - FIA / FFA
- General Insurance experience - personal lines preferred but Non-life experience also considered.
- Capital / Reserving / Reporting / Pricing experience.
- Candidates who have had a mixture of the above will be highly desirable.
- Consultancy experience could be beneficial.
- Someone who can be trusted to take responsibility for technical work and lead others.
This is a fantastic opportunity, with a company who offers flexible and hybrid working arrangements to suit your needs.