A well-known life insurance provider has an exciting opportunity for a Student Actuary to join their Actuarial Reporting Team. This position will provide an opportunity for suitable candidates to develop and work alongside experienced Actuaries and other trainees in contributing to the company’s actuarial function. The Actuarial Student role comes with a fully supported study package.
About the role
Duties for the successful candidate will include (but not be limited to)
- Assisting and supporting in calculating and reviewing Solvency II capital resources and requirements, RSR, SFCR, and QRT’s
- Liaising with Senior Management on the production of actuarial reports
- Actuarial elements such as calculating and reviewing Solvency II and IFRS balance sheets.
- Maintaining strong communication and interpersonal relationships both within your team and when collaborating cross-functionally
Actuarial skills required
The Actuarial Student role would suit a Trainee Actuary or Graduate Actuary with Life Insurance experience. Candidates should ideally have experience with the following:
- Actuarial Modelling and Solvency II
- Preferably some practical experience with actuarial modelling software
- Proficiency in MS Excel