A well-known consultancy has an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Life Actuary to join their Insurance Consulting and Technology team as a Senior Consultant. This position will allow for exposure to a range of actuarial areas and clients and can be tailored to suit the experience and progression plans of suitable candidates.
About the role
The Life Consultant will join the organisation's Dublin Life division and will work alongside a number of other qualified and student actuaries.
Responsibilities for the Life consultant role include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with clients to provide actuarial consulting on topics such as solvency and financial reporting and capital management
- Ensuring the company meets the requisite regulatory requirements while working alongside the HoAf and CRO
- Assisting with capital enhancement and corporate restructuring projects
- Working on financial modelling projects such as stochastic asset-liability modelling
- A range of other projects including Enterprise Risk Management and business development
Actuarial skills required
The Life Consultant role would suit a qualified actuary with experience working in consulting and/or life insurance. Strong communication, interpersonal, decision-making, and analytical skills are essential for this role. Candidates should ideally have experience in the following:
- Solvency II framework
- MS Office suite
- Experience with actuarial software is advantageous