Our client are looking for a part qualified actuary with strong communication and technical skills to support their business growth.
You will be involved in a variety of client assignments and work closely with other experts in the division. You can expect to be involved end-to-end in the core areas of reserving, capital and pricing. You will be able to increase your actuarial technical knowledge and experience and be involved with assessing and proposing recommendations/solutions to improve technical matters. This role will also offer the post-holder the opportunity to grow and play a key part with supporting the development of the in-house team capabilities
Duties and responsibilities
- Use appropriate data, standard actuarial methods and assumptions to independently project reserves for audit and Mergers &
- Acquisitions assignments
- Calculate SCRs using the Standard Formula approach to provide assurance on the technical accuracy of clients’ results
- Perform technical accuracy checks for other team members
- Draft reports to support the actuarial work undertaken
- Assist with ad-hoc projects requiring actuarial expertise
- Assist with developing the library of resources to support actuarial work
Ideally two to three years of UK general insurance experience in at least one core area - reserving or capital. This role offers full flexible working. You can choose to work from either your home, London or Leeds office. You will just need to visit the office at least 1 day per week.
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Ashley Beatens at Fairbank Partners on 07834 551 325. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.