Reserving Actuary | Leading Lloyd's Syndicate | Up to £90k
Are you a newly or part qualified actuary with experience in General Insurance reserving?
Alternatively, do you have extensive experience in reserving but have chosen not to take the actuarial exams?
If the answer is yes, take a moment to consider this exciting opportunity to work in data-driven actuarial role situated mainly within the property sector. Detailed knowledge of IT & reserving alongside strong communication skills are must-haves. Additionally, experience of capital modelling and/or pricing would be looked upon favourably when being considered for this role.
- Create reserving best estimate & booked calculations and prepare quarterly reserving documentation.
- Lead reserving discussions with other areas of the business, including underwriting, reinsurance, finance and claims to generate reserving results.
- Liaise with the business to derive initial natural catastrophe estimates.
- Undertake portfolio analysis and pricing reviews.
- Additionally, undertake various Regulatory Reporting tasks, including assisting in the production of Lloyd's quarterly and annual management returns.
- Excellent knowledge of actuarial reserving techniques and models on Lloyd's, UK GAAP and Solvency II bases.
- 3 years' reserving experience within the London Market.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Problem solving and project management skills.
To set you apart:
- Some knowledge of capital modelling, IFRS17 and/or pricing.
- Experience with Psicle and/or ResQ.