MERJE are supporting a well-known General Insurance company with their hire for a Partly/Nearly Qualified Actuary.
This fantastic opportunity provides an Actuarial student the chance to work across both Capital and Reserving (50% of your time on each). You will be tasked with supporting a number of high profile projects including IFRS, model migration and IMAP - Internal Model Application Process, just to name a few!
What we'd like to see from you...
- Part Qualified Actuary - making good exam progression.
- Experience in a General Insurance function - this can be personal lines or commercial.
- Exposure to working in a Capital and/or Reserving function.
- Knowledge of GI Actuarial softwares - Igloo / ResQ / Remetrica / Tyche
Why should you apply?
- This gives you a variety of work and projects - broadens your skillset and gives you plenty of direction in your later career.
- Study support programme is excellent!
- Promotion opportunities are definitely available once you settle in.
- You'll be surrounded by a pool of brilliant Actuaries, both Qualified and Part-Qualified.
- Flexible/hybrid working - average 1 or 2 days in the office.
- Possible part-time working arrangements for candidates who want to explore this.
- Good company pension/bonus and benefits package.
Apply right away to explore this opportunity further, demand will be high so make sure you don't miss out!