Our client is implementing a new, vendor purchased, Pricing Platform to replace all its current pricing models. The current models are predominately based in MS Excel and Access. The new Platform will be rolled out in sprints, but when completed will have full coverage across the Global portfolio. This is as much a cultural change as it is a technical/process/data change. The Product Owner will report to the Digital Transformation Portfolio Head.
As a member of the Agile team, the Product Owner represents the voice of the customer and the organisation through the delivery of business value. They are the team’s product authority, setting priorities and making product related decisions. They have responsibility for managing stakeholder relationships.
This role will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Create a product vision that is aligned with strategic priorities of the business and communicating that vision to their team and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Portfolio Head to contribute to the development of the Digital Transformation portfolio roadmap, and programme plans.
- Stakeholder management between underwriters and actuaries in each of the regions/products
- Reviewing the current pricing models, understanding the duplication in techniques and recommending the best-in-class methods and optimal modularisation
- Owning the design overview for the Pricing Platform. This includes the pricing modules, layout, data flow, process flow and user experience within the platform for the different products and structures that will be priced
Skills and Experience required
- Qualified/newly qualified Actuary
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, ideally in P&C reinsurance pricing
- Knowledge of MS Excel (essential), VBA, MS Access, SQL
- Strong knowledge of Python preferable
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Ashley Beatens at Fairbank Partners on 07834 551 325. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.