Actuarial Analyst | Up to 55K
Would you like to work for a leading consultancy in the London market and interact with their wider global business?
Do you have experience in General Insurance or are you looking to enter the market?
Are you making good progress through your actuarial exams, and can you work within an interactive role as a great communicator?
If so, consider that this role could be for you! With operations in Dublin, there is also potential to work in Ireland.
- Assisting senior team members with the management of client relationships.
- Compliance with risk management processes and procedures.
- Development and implementation of a marketing plan and your own personal profile in the market.
- Deliver presentations and thought leadership in collaboration with other team members.
- Keep track of global insights and latest developments in the general insurance environment and maintain detailed comprehension of risk and actuarial issues.
What you'll need
- 2-3 years' experience in non-life insurance, with knowledge of the UK market.
- To be making good progress with the actuarial exams.
- Previous exposure to capital modelling and/or reserving.
- Experience in handling large and complex data, including database management software.
- Strong numerical, technical, analytical and actuarial skills.
- Outstanding time management, project management and organisational skills, an attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and written communication skills. You must be able to explain complex issues to a non-technical audience and develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
Desirable experience and knowledge
- Experience in Lloyd's or other London Markets.
- Actuarial and/or data visualisation software experience.
- Experience in coding.
- Predictive analytics and data science experience.
For this role, you must be…
- Driven to deliver quality work, on time and on budget.
- Both motivated and a motivator: encouraging the best from those around you!
- Collaborative, but also take ownership and responsibility. Being capable of challenging others and receiving feedback in an open and professional manner.
- Intellectually curious, proactive, intuitive and a quick learner.
- Flexible, versatile and innovative, yet committed to the role.