Seeking a senior L&H (re)insurance pricing Actuary to join a well-known re-insurer and be based at either Singapore or Hong Kong office. You will be working closely with all regional pricing units and sits at the centre of a growing Life & Health business with international responsibility for all lines of L&H business.
You will be expected to make a significant contribution to the enhancement of business's best practice underwriting processes/propositions to support the ambitious growth plans. You will play a pivotal role as a link between the Regional Unit, the centralised functions and L&H leadership.
As part of a global team you will be a key person in helping shape and grow the APAC L&H business, as well as oversee and improve the end-to-end underwriting of deals.
- Developing a high profile within the business and establishing regular contact with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Close collaboration with the Asia regional unit and other global experts on the pricing and development of new products
- Build strong rapport, trust and credibility with the Asia regional unit, being able to provide advice on pricing issues, while maintaining an independent and objective opinion
- Challenging the underwriting of risk within the regional pricing units in order to encourage better decision making
- Ensuring the consistency of pricing methodologies, group level assumptions and standards
- Reviewing complex and unusual deals, providing an opinion on whether we are suitably rewarded for the risk
- Sharing of best practice for pricing and product development across the regions
- Supporting/driving research and development to enhance the pricing and underwriting infrastructure
- Working on other ad-hoc projects as required
- Qualified Actuary with minimum 8 years experience
- Strong Product Pricing experience from L&H (re)insurance field
- Experience in APAC region
- Ability to advise on underwriting of deals where there is limited data available or new underlying risks