Our client, who has ambitious plans for continued growth across traditional life and non-life insurance and reinsurance fields, is looking to recruit a recently qualified non-Life Actuary.
Our client offers opportunities for progression, challenging projects, a market-leading learning and development programme and a collaborative environment.
The range of practical work experience would include working in the general insurance or reinsurance environment with a preference for those with a financial reporting, capital, financial modelling or data analytics background.
Key skills would include:
- Strong technical and people skills;
- Financial modelling capabilities;
- Coding, automation and data analytics capabilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage time effectively;
- Eager to expand knowledge and skills given the broaden nature of the work; and
- Good commercial awareness.
The candidate would work closely with actuaries in our Client’s practice covering a range of services such as:
- Working with a portfolio of clients and advising on all relevant actuarial issues;
- Provision of outsourced actuarial services;
- Provision of formal actuarial opinions across a wide range of technical issues;
- Independent actuarial assessments including reserve reviews, portfolio transfers, expert opinions, transfer pricing support and company valuations for merger & acquisition;
- Profitability reviews and pricing support;
- Work with our Client’s multi-disciplinary professionals on assisting their clients across audit, tax, corporate finance, regulatory, risk and management/ IT consulting;
- Involved in the development of our Client’s initiatives across Solvency II, IFRS 17 and other emerging regulatory, accounting and actuarial requirements;
- Involved in the development of the Actuarial practice capabilities in Banking and in particular credit risk modelling;
- Involved in the development of the Advisory practice capabilities in Data & Analytics;
- Responsibility for training and monitoring actuarial trainees together with reviewing their work at qualified actuary level;
- Taking an active role in development of the practice including building and maintaining effective relationships with clients.