We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as a Head of ESG Oversight to join our Asset Management Risk team. As Head of ESG Oversight you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Group's ESG investment strategy for policyholder and shareholder assets.
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as a Head of ESG Oversight to join our Asset Management Risk team.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£300 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 - but we're not done yet.
We've seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it's joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
- As Head of ESG Oversight you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Group's ESG investment strategy for policyholder and shareholder assets
- You will be the key person providing Line 2 oversight of ESG related investment activity across the group.
- You will identify and acquire the necessary resources and tools, including market data and external consultancy support.
- Oversee the measurement of financed carbon emissions and performance of scenario analysis.
- Lead line 2 oversight of climate disclosure in connection with the investment portfolio. This includes the Group's annual TFCD report, CDP, SBTi and in future TFND.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring and improving a climate risk appetite for the investment portfolio. This includes the Group's Risk Management Framework. Setting up processes for monitoring, reporting and acting on the results of periodic climate assessments.
- Consider and advise on the ESG credentials of our infrastructure investments
- Provide thought leadership on the adaptation of investment strategy to meet the Net Zero by 2050 pledge; working collaboratively with partner asset managers to ensure alignment of decarbonisation strategies.
- To collaborate and provide specialist support to colleagues with the Sustainable Investment team and to other business units to embed climate thinking into their extra-ordinary and BAU investment, risk management, governance and oversight processes.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified actuary or similar professional, with post qualified experienced
- Institutional investment experience in asset-management, in-house team or consultancy settings; significant experience in a life insurance setting
- Experience of performing climate analytics of investment portfolios and reporting TFCD disclosures is essential
- Cross asset class and fund manager facing experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record in delivering challenging projects involving varied stakeholders
- Effective leadership and influencing skills; ability to develop successful relationships and collaborate across a wide range of (internal and external) stakeholders
- Very strong lateral and critical thinking ability; ability to synthesize insights and work through others to do so
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise fashion
- Comfortable engaging with and challenging at the most senior levels of the organisation.
- Comfortable representing the Group at external events and with the regulator.
Why choose us?
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you've ever worked, we'd love to hear from you.