Senior Capital Management Actuary | Leading Global Insurer | £110,000
A leading global Insurance company is seeking a Nearly Qualified or Qualified Actuary to join their team and contribute to the department's growth. Based on experience, an alluring salary of £110,000 is being offered. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and work for a leading company that is committed to providing exceptional service where employees can collaborate with a diverse range of professionals and are encouraged to excel. This role has a very sociable aspect, and as needed, travel to other offices and locations is required, giving you the opportunity to greatly expand and diversify your network.
You will work closely with the group's Finance, Risk & Compliance, and Business Generation teams, reporting directly to the Head of Capital Management, and will be responsible for providing Actuarial support across the business, particularly regarding how the Group manages its Capital. You would also be responsible for developing technical provisions and Regulatory Capital assessments for the group, its Solvency II and Bermuda-regulated entities, as well as contributing to larger strategic initiatives. In addition, the position will collaborate with their Lloyd's Managing Agent to assess Syndicate technical provisions and Capital requirements, ensuring projects are completed on time and above expectations for the demand of Actuarial support across the business.
- Support and manage Capital Models for Regulatory purposes, including the quarterly Bermuda Solvency Capital Requirement (BSCR), Solvency II Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR), and any ad hoc capital assessments that may be required.
- Development of the Actuarial aspects of the Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet and Solvency II Balance Sheets, including the calculation of technical provisions (discounted Best Estimate Liability and Risk Margin).
- Creating Actuarial Function Holder Reports and Capital papers for the Board and contribute to the creation of high-quality, precise presentations for senior management, the Board, and shareholders, communicating technical information.
- Deal structuring assistance, collaboration with the larger business on Capital assessment of new acquisitions, and integration of new business into quarterly Capital processes.
- Contribute to Capital Management and investment initiatives such as ALM / Group Capital and investment optimization, intragroup Reinsurance, Portfolio optimization, and Capital structuring.
- Providing Actuarial review and assistance with external Capital relief structures and financing.
- Assisting in the development of Capital Management systems and processes.
- Wider Solvency-related Regulatory Reporting support to the Risk & Compliance team, including Capital and Solvency Return (Bermuda) schedules and QRTs in Europe, FCR/SFCR submission, CISSA/ORSA processes, and other ad hoc tasks.
- People management; overseeing the onboarding of a future junior team member, as well as goal setting and performance management.
What you need:
- Be a nearly Qualified or Qualified Actuary with 3+ years of experience in the Non-Life sectors (including Capital Management).
- Experience with M&A and/or Run-off Lability would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet, Capital framework, and Solvency II would be beneficial.
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong understanding of Excel.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to understand the financial impact of key business decisions.
- Possess strong Report writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to successfully communicate with senior stakeholders.
- Capable of developing strong relationships and working effectively with a variety of teams across the Group.