Role: Reserving Actuary – Growing Lloyds Syndicate – Up to £100,000k + Benefits
Do you have experience in Reserving?
If you’re a nearly or newly qualified actuary and a determined team player, then this is a role for you.
This sociable position sits within a globally diverse growing Lloyd’s Syndicate who are looking for the right individual to join their team. With various exposure to other actuarial functions, this opportunity is perfect for someone looking to progress in their career and make the next step.
With your actuarial input and analysis skills, some of the duties will include:
- To provide support in respect of their: clients, owned companies, managed portfolios, and the group across the key areas of Reserving.
- Risk Management and Regulatory Input
- Provide flexible support to ongoing projects within the reserving team, such as moving to new data systems, ongoing enhancements of the reserving process.
- Developing and improving the process of meeting regulatory reporting requirements.
- Providing guidance and support to junior members of the actuarial function
- Reserving Analyses, SII TP analysis, and Exposure analyses where necessary.
- Statutory Accounts
- Assist in the review and implementation of reserving process enhancements
- Provide assistance to the Finance, Claims, Reinsurance and Underwriting teams as appropriate
- Undertake portfolio analysis and pricing reviews
What you’ll need:
- To be a Nearly/Part or Newly Qualified Actuary
- 2+ years non-life experience preferably in London or Lloyd’s market.
- The ability to work with a variety of disciplines outside of the department.
- Knowledge of ResQ (reserving).
- Knowledge of actuarial reserving techniques and models on Lloyd’s, UK GAAP and Solvency II bases
- Knowledgeable IT skills such MS Office, MS Excel VBA, SQL and Power BI
What you’ll get in return:
- Flexible working structure
- Support for personal development
- Study support
- Annual bonus
If you enjoy working in a collaborative fashion, having a flexible working structure with support for personal development then please reach out.