An opportunity for an experienced general insurance reserving expert to join us in driving actuarial and finance transformation across the market.
Dynamo has gone from strength to strength, winning awards, building reputational credibility and growing our client portfolio – in size, complexity and geography.
We’re looking for a qualified and experienced general insurance reserving expert to join us in driving actuarial and finance transformation, which includes IFRS 17.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a growing global team with the autonomy from day one to deliver for our clients. Working on some of the most interesting and ambitious transformations in the General Insurance market, with an emphasis on delivering highly technical, yet practical models, within our software Psicle, this is a great role for someone with both the organisational capability to drive a team and the ambition to be a key part of growing an independent transformational business.
You will have a strong interest in the application of technology to transform actuarial and financial processes, proven experience of client relationship management, as well as the technical abilities and leadership qualities to manage a team in the delivery of such projects. An established network across the market will be an advantage.
Dynamo empowers employees to make their career their own. We are a close-knit team that support all to succeed in their own right, and welcome the entrepreneurial drive of those wanting to make an impact.
We are actuaries, problem solvers, and strategic thinkers. As a highly innovative team, we are passionate about understanding how the world of business-critical modelling is evolving, and we apply our mathematical skills, professional expertise, and intelligent automation platform to help our clients navigate their transformational journey with confidence.
Established in 2012, we have grown from one office in London, to a team of more than 65 employees across the UK, France, South Africa, Norway and Australia.
There are two key components to the business; the consulting team advises our clients on actuarial, financial and statistical modelling, and our software team continues to develop our innovative enterprise modelling platform, Psicle. This allows us to provide our clients a unique and complementary offering of a software solution and actuarial advice, and our teams work closely together across geographies to deliver these.
Being a close-knit team allows everyone to have a truly meaningful role, with the opportunity to add real value to both our clients and our growing business. Our team tell us that our people, their talent, expertise, collaboration and the work itself, is what makes Dynamo a great place to learn, thrive and grow.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent, with significant post-qualification experience in the non-life industry including strong competence in reserving.
- An actuarial, mathematical, engineering, statistical or similar degree (minimum 2:1)
- Proven ability to use your core skills and knowledge to solve problems outside of your experience.
- Able to interact and engage clients from a variety of stakeholder groups and communicate results of analysis to any stakeholder.
- A strong self-starter, demonstrate curiosity and inquisitiveness in your work. However, also a keen team player, understanding collaboration is key.
- You care deeply about helping the team succeed and about delivering a high-quality work product to the client.
- A strong appreciation for the role that technology can play in businesses.
- People Management skills including the development and motivation of themselves and others, with examples of encouraging others to learn and develop, achieving high standards.
- A desire to shape the industry and achieve transformational change.
- Must have the right to work in UK.
- IFRS17 implementation experience and/or in-depth knowledge
- Consulting experience, demonstrating the ability to assess and understand clients’ needs and to apply actuarial principles in unfamiliar contexts
- UK market experience
- Organisational skills with the ability to manage the detail and coordination of activity across the team in order to effectively deliver results, for example across milestones, tasks, and action management.
- Established network in the market together with business development experience, including involvement in tenders and pitches.
We don’t have a typical ‘Dynamite’ type and having an identikit team is not what we aspire to. However, there are a few things we do have in common.
- We value having deep expertise and broad knowledge of an area and rely on our collective expertise to add value to our clients.
- #ClientLove instantly resonates with every one of us in the team, and we each strive to deliver the best possible experience for each client.
- We all want to be a part of something disruptive, new and all hold the ambition to want to add our knowledge and skills to shape the way.
- Working with others is our preferred style of getting things done; we’re a tightly knit team and help each other constantly.
- We know team fit is not a one-way view, we like people that work for us to be comfortable to be themselves at work and that way, we get the best from them.
Our people are core to our success, deeply humble humans, that together achieve outstanding success.
HOW TO APPLY
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and cover note to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application or initial conversation.