We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a part-qualified Actuarial Analyst in our London Life/Health Insurance Department.
This is a varied role which encompasses different aspects of the responsibilities of the Pricing and Research team within Gen Re UK Life and Health. The role includes assisting in the production of quotations for individual and group life / health reinsurance business, providing technical actuarial support on existing treaties and well as more general pricing research work. There will be client contact and interaction with other departments in the UK and other Gen Re offices.
- Support in preparing quotations for individual and group reinsurance business, including basis-setting, obtaining sign off and production of premium rates.
- Conducting of experience analysis investigations for the purposes of monitoring Gen Re’s own experience and for quotation purposes.
- Monitoring and analysis of Gen Re’s existing portfolio with the development/enhancement of appropriate analytics dashboards.
- Undertaking research to support setting general pricing bases (Terms of Trade).
- Client interaction and resolving technical issues for clients.
- Occasional support for other Gen Re offices.
Behaviours and Competencies:
- Part qualified actuary with proven experience in an insurance or reinsurance environment in roles involving any of the following: pricing; product development; and/or protection insurance.
- Pricing experience specifically in UK or Irish individual and group protection products is desirable.
- An enquiring mind, with experience and interest in data, analytics and financial modelling is essential.
- Coding skills in R essential and desirable in other statistical coding environments such as VBA & SQL. Proficient user of MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerBI.
- Proactive and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise, while remaining flexible to deal with changing work demands.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills including the ability to summarise complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively as part of a team, deal with people at all levels and in all areas of the business and engage with clients.
- Must be making good progress through the actuarial exams.
- Must display client focus, creativity, intuition, integrity, decisiveness, collaboration, accountability and be prepared to represent the Gen Re group with professionalism.
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations to the email address below for the attention of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date 12 February 2022. Please state 'Life/Health Actuarial Analyst' in the email subject line.