We currently offer an excellent opportunity for two qualified Actuaries reporting to the Regional Chief Actuary in our London Life/Health Business Unit.
These are varied roles which encompass different aspects of the responsibilities of the actuaries within Gen Re UK Life and Health. The roles report to the Regional Chief Actuary (RCA). They support the RCA in their oversight of the pricing and monitoring of the life / health reinsurance business. There will be interaction with other departments in the UK and other Gen Re offices.
Position Responsibilities in support of the Regional Chief Actuary:
- Conducting of experience analysis investigations for the purposes of setting general pricing bases (Terms of Trade).
- Undertaking research to set Terms of Trade.
- Implementation of the Terms of Trade into the experience analysis and pricing tools.
- Implementation of any alterations to the pricing and experience analysis tools.
- Checking experience analyses and pricing carried out by pricing team for individual and group reinsurance business.
- Ensuring that all internal guidelines around quotes are complied with.
- Supporting the negotiation of reinsurance treaties with clients.
- Giving risk management input to product and process design.
- Giving presentations at seminars and writing technical articles.
- Occasional support for other Gen Re offices.
Behaviours and Competencies:
- We are looking for a qualified actuary who has proven experience in an insurance or reinsurance environment in roles involving any of pricing, product development and/or protection insurance.
- Pricing experience specifically in UK or Irish individual and group protection products is desirable.
- An enquiring mind, with excellent numerical and analytical skills in statistical and financial modelling.
- Excellent risk management and commercial awareness.
- Proficient user of MS Excel. Coding skills in R or other statistical coding environments is desirable.
- Proactive and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise, while remaining flexible to deal with changing work demands.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills including the ability to summarise complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively as part of a team, deal with people at all levels and in all areas of the business and engage with clients.
- Must display client focus, creativity, intuition, integrity, decisiveness, collaboration, accountability and be prepared to represent Gen Re with professionalism.
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations to the email address below for the attention of Human Resources: email@example.com before the closing date 12 February 2022. Please state 'Life/Health Actuary' in the title of the email.