As an Actuary in the Group Risk team, you'll report to the Head of Model Validation and support the Chief Actuary in fulfilling regulatory responsibility for the Actuarial Function (SIMF20) and provide Second Line review and challenge so that users of actuarial information can have confidence in its accuracy and reliability. Moreover you will contribute to the effective implementation of risk management across business actuarial teams and play a lead role in supporting the Group Chief Actuary in delivery of the SIMF20 role and team plan.
Have significant involvement in the validation of the internal model by:
- Developing validation tools to ensure the internal model meets the necessary Solvency 2 standards
- Producing models to replicate or sensitivity test using MATLAB/R/Python
- Producing validation reports on components of the internal model
- Reviewing of regulatory submission to the PRA related to the model
Gain exposure to the wider areas of work performed in the Chief Actuary team, such as:
- Monitor the sufficiency of premiums and the adequacy of pricing frameworks, pricing models and pricing controls
- Review of reinsurance contracts and reporting on the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements
- Review and provide validation opinions on the appropriateness of demographic, expense and other technical provision assumptions
- Validate the technical provisions within Solvency 2 regulatory reporting, including the matching adjustment and transitional measures.