Role Title: Senior Catastrophe Modelling Analyst
Salary: Up to £90,000
About the role:
The Senior Catastrophe Modelling Analyst will help manage the Catastrophe Model team with responsibility for pricing and underwriter support. They will liaise closely with the overseas analysts and underwriters to ensure a consistent approach to cat modelling and pricing across the group and help to help achieve minimum standards for the data to be recorded and used for catastrophe modelling.
- To manage the pricing process across the cat modelling team and to act as the key point of contact for the interactions with the underwriters.
- To oversee individual submission catastrophe modelling using third party catastrophe models.
- To peer review pricing outputs produced by the team generally ensuring data deliverables are accurate.
- To help underwriters understand and use the cat model output appropriately.
- To ensure a consistent cat modelling approach is maintained across our overseas offices.
- To advance the use of pricing models and to test, approve and communicate any new functionality.
- To lead the business's efforts in estimating and communicating exposures and potential losses when major events occur, in accordance with the event loss procedures.
- To provide support in a mentoring capacity for junior members of the team
- To provide peer-review including challenging approaches and proposals from other members of the team
- To assist with the team's quarterly RDS process.
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of multiple classes of business (Direct and Treaty beneficial)
- Experience of Lloyd's market
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Mathematics, Sciences, Natural Sciences, Geography) preferable but not necessary if skills demonstrated elsewhere
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of Cat models (RMS preferred) and their business applications
- Strong SQL skills including system back tables
- Proven experience in a team leader position
- Broad knowledge of various classes of business across both Direct and Treaty business
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.