At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
Our actuaries lead the way here at Just and none more so than within our Defined Benefit team. As we scale up to grow our evolving DB proposition we have a great opportunity to join us on a permanent basis as a Proposition Development Senior Actuarial Analyst.
Based from either our London or Reigate offices you’ll work alongside our Proposition Development Actuary in the delivery of DB proposition developments.
This will include the working up of options and requirements, potential solutions and refinement, assessment, analysis and delivery into business.
Developments will include product developments, pricing enhancements and reviews, systems and process development, and other capability.
This role will suit a part to nearly qualified actuary with a strong commercial understanding of the life insurance industry, DB market the broader markets in which Just operates.
- Develop, maintain and provide support on sub-set portfolio of the innovations/developments which is consistent and supports delivery of DB’s business plan, aspirations and strategy. You will lead and be responsible for the delivery on the subset of developments.
- Agree direction and priority of developments with the Proposition development team and Director of Commercial.
- Formulate ideas consistent with the strategy and business plan after liaison with the DB business development, DB Pricing and Director DB Solutions and others as required.
- For each development engage all other parts of the business (e.g. actuarial, IT etc) as needed so that they are providing input and assistance and that the developments can integrate into the business.
- Deliver each development into the DB business as a fully working model.
- Produce required research, models, analysis as required.
- Produce required product and pricing paper as required and meet all governance.
- Use pragmatic and commercial approach, balancing timing, resources and delivery.
- Nearly/Part qualified actuary making a good progress through Actuarial exams (or equivalent experience)
- Experience gained within the Life Insurance industry
- Strong commercial understanding of UK life/annuity market and understanding of the products and services provided by Just Group
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of pricing and/or product development
- Proficiency in Excel and VBA (or similar coding experience)
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal