Job Title: Casualty Risk Exposure Management Lead
Salary: Up to £100,000 p/a + annual bonus
This role is resposible for the assessment and managwement of underwriting risk. Underwriting risks include amongs others, natural catastrophe, war/terror, offshore energy, casualty and financial risk. The risk management team also supports the exposure management activities of the Cyber Cell and is responsible for Outwards Reinsurance buying.
This role will be key in furthering the development of our Casualty risk management capabilities across Global markets. This is therefore a great opportunity to get involved at the early stages to develop key skills in a new and upcoming area that will continue to grow across the insurance market in years to come.
- Lead the development of Casualty risk exposure management capabilities across Global accounts.
- Establish an exposure management framework for Casualty risk and develop tools and techniques that are appropriate for Casualty risk assessment. This includes enhancing the framework for selecting and parameterising scenarios and the assessment and development of Casualty CAT models.
- Develop and monitor suitable risk metrics to measure and control risk appetite for Casualty risk
- Set robust and consistent data standards across all Casualty lines of business and develop efficient data collection and reporting processes, including the assessment of external data augmentation tools.
- Build out analytics and help develop new approaches to manage relevant emerging risks
- Communicate and report risk exposures clearly to ensure that our risks are well understood by all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Meet internal committee and working group reporting requirements
- Engage in external working groups and manage relationships with model vendors, external consultants and broker
- Assist the Casualty Risk Actuary to inform underwriting strategy and business planning, including assisting with the integration of Casualty CAT risk assessment into capital modelling and reserving processes
- Work with the Casualty Risk Actuary and Outwards Reinsurance team to optimise Casualty reinsurance buying strategy
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience working in either the exposure management or actuarial field. Prior working experience in Casualty lines is a benefit
- Robust understanding of types of coverages provided by different Casualty products and interest in developing a good understanding of the legal environment
- Strong analytical mind-set and attention to detail
- Prior modelling experience, either from an actuarial or exposure management background, including having a good understanding of capital modelling
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams and to create strong working relationships across many departments and offices
- Confident communicator with an ability to clearly explain new concepts and uncertainties in risk measures
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit reliable decision-making skills
For further information on this opportunity, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.