Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated actuarial advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
Our Insurance and Longevity Consulting (ILC) Team provides consultancy services to a range of insurance and non-insurance clients. Our clients range from large multinationals and small niche insurers to regulators and the Actuarial Profession, based across a range of territories. The ILC Team is based in London and has around 40 staff of which half are qualified actuaries.
Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients. We operate in a friendly and supportive environment. Our team consists of talented, motivated and enthusiastic individuals who support the development of our business. Due to our continuing successful new business wins we are looking to recruit to enhance our team!
To be considered you will be a qualified actuary with experience of working within the general insurance (GI) sector.
We have a variety of our work which means you may be involved in other projects such as reserving, pricing and wider risk management offerings too.
Other attributes we are looking for:
- Detail-oriented, yet able to understand and effectively communicate key results to both actuaries and non-actuaries.
- Confident in managing both your own work and that of others.
- Comfortable in working outside of your comfort zone.
- Able to take a hands-on approach and aren’t afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- Able to work independent and as part of a team.
- Highly technical or with mathematical/statistical background.
- Highly organised, you have the ability to work on multiple clients and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to drive and lead small workstreams or small engagements.
- A team player, with the ability and confidence to liaise and communicate with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- A problem solver, love finding solutions to complex problems.
If you have also used Tyche or have programming skills in R or Python, that would be amazing!
If you would like to work for one of the UK’s leading consultancies at the forefront of insurance, risk, pensions and investment, click to apply now!