Divisional Director Catastrophe Analytics
Salary: Up to £100,000
Based in London, this exciting new role is to join the EMEA West-South (UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Iberia, Middle East and Africa) Catastrophe Analytics team to oversee Catastrophe Analytics across the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region and drive public-private partnerships and parametric solutions for the region.
The Catastrophe Analytics team, embedded into the broking unit, assists clients in analysing the risk to their business from all aspects of natural perils and catastrophes. Clients include insurance companies, re-insurers and governments.
The business requires a focused and experienced individual to lead the core Service Offering production for Catastrophe Analytics within the region, drive parametric business opportunities, thus combining the technical expertise on the modelling with strong business acumen to support the local public-private relationships. This will involve the assessment of needed research and development, staying abreast of latest market and scientific developments, and connecting with external Research Partners and in house Model Research Evaluation (MRE) and Model Development and Platforms (MDP) teams to develop new service offerings.
This will be a dual broking and analytical role to help guide the Middle East and Africa catastrophe modelling teams and support our business strategy in the region, with the opportunity to engage on wider opportunities. This role could suit someone from across the Disaster Risk Management sector, ideally someone with experience and relationships in the public-private sector and an understanding of re/insurance and catastrophe modelling.
- Oversee Catastrophe Analytics in the Middle East and Africa Region, mentoring the team's growth and upskilling, to reach and foresee business needs and opportunities growth.
- Lead with business acumen to drive strategy of Service Offering production for Catastrophe Analytics and parametric business opportunities in the region while supporting the wider strategy in place within the EMEA West-South Catastrophe Analytics team.
- Ensure year-round client engagement, promoting current services to our clients, on topics such as model interpretation, portfolio management and non-modelled risk assessment.
- Drive and develop innovative analytical solutions with excellence, to quantify catastrophe risk and support business requirements.
- Provide synthesis, presentation and interpretation of catastrophe/financial model outputs and service offering to clients.
- Track record in London/global re/insurance markets, Disaster Risk Management, or public-private sector.
- Analytical/technical mindset with an understanding of Catastrophe Models and Financial models output.
- Strong business acumen applicable to the market of Risk Management and re/insurance.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical detail to clients who do not necessarily have the same level of technical knowledge of the subject.
- You must also possess excellent teamwork skills and be able to co-ordinate projects.
- Be able to demonstrate innovative applications and solutions for risk assessment.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, ideally with computer programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA, R, python).
- Knowledgeable about re/insurance.
- Knowledge of probability theory advantageous.
- Comfortable dealing with brokers and underwriters.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor others in the team.
- Ability to process and understand data quickly and creatively.
- Proven ability to integrate into a time critical business environment and meet challenging time lines.
- Highly motivated to learn and grow within a global market leader.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.