Lead Life Actuary - Experience Analysis and Reinsurance
Salary: £80,000 - £110,000 per annum
Location: Multiple locations possible including London, Hertfordshire and Shropshire
Date Posted: 1st November 2021
Goodman Masson are recruiting for a life actuary with post-qualified experience to lead on experience analysis assumptions for a life insurer.
This will be a brilliant opportunity to work with the Chief actuary, deputy chief actuary and the Head of Capital oversight. This is a critical role where you will manage the best estimate liability (BEL) assumptions and reinsurance relationships.
- Propose the BEL assumptions
- Carrying out experience analysis investigations to determine the recommended basis for the assumptions to be used for the calculation of the technical provisions
- Arrange investigations to understand the potential impacts of proposed changes and validate the impacts
- Monitor demographic exposures
- Produce schedules of premiums/claims for reinsurers
- Simplify or recapture reinsurance arrangements where it is appropriate to do so
- Coach and mentor team members
- Manage team's activities to meet quality of work and deadlines
- Being up-to-date with the latest professional guidance, regulatory change, industry best practice and changes to the business
- Qualified life actuary (by exams and experience e.g. FIA) with UK experience
- Experience in life insurance consulting or life insurance
- Experience in setting actuarial assumptions and experience analysis
- Experience of leading a team/project
- You must be eligible to work in the UK - these rules have changed recently so when applying please state your eligibility to work in the UK. (E.g. British passport, Irish passport, ILR, settled-status, etc.)
If interested, apply here ASAP as recruitment is on going.
Alternatively get in touch with Abiramy Logeswaran (Abi) at Goodman Masson (Recruitment consultancy)
Please note: This role does not offer VISA sponsorship.
Our vision at Goodman Masson is to be admired internally and externally for our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. Some of our clients, lawfully aim to alleviate disadvantage or under-representation experienced by those with a protected characteristic. We proudly support them and have used the UK Government Equality Act 2010: Quick Start Guide to Using Positive Action in Recruitment and Promotion to inform our advertising and sourcing methods.