An excellent opportunity for a highly numerate and technical Non-Life Actuary to join one of Irelands leading general insurers in a Senior Pricing Analyst role. This position would best suit an individual with a keen interest in data science/statistical/coding techniques. This position offers excellent benefits as well as flexible working options.
About the role
The Senior Pricing Analyst will work both independently and alongside a market-leading team of actuaries and data scientists. The Senior Pricing Analyst will be responsible for carrying out the company's pricing sophistication development and integrating data science capabilities into existing processes.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of the companies pricing sophistication program
- Maintain and develop models and tools to ensure profitability
- Carry out pricing projects and act as a point of contact between pricing and IT teams
- Participate in a range of cross-functional projects
- Assist in the mentoring of junior employees
Actuarial skills required
This role would best suit a qualified actuary or a data science professional with previous experience in the general insurance industry. Additional skills required for the Senior Pricing Analyst position include:
- Strong knowledge of data science techniques (R/SQL/Git/Python/DevOps etc)
- Strong communication, organisation, team work and analytical skills