A well-known life insurer is looking for an Actuarial Specialist to play a key part in the development of the company’s processes and reporting models. The successful candidate will join the Actuarial Development team, working with like-minded individuals within the company.
About the Role
The Actuarial Specialist position has arisen within the Actuarial Development team, with main focus on testing and developing new features on the Prophet model used for reporting and pricing.
Responsibilities for the role include (but are not limited to):
- Develop model enhancements in line with priorities
- Provide new models to meet the needs of the reporting and pricing teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues to ensure the developments meet the needs
- Provide general support to other members within the team
Actuarial Skills Required
The role would suit a part-qualified or qualified actuary with experience in actuarial reporting and development. Other essential criteria include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Considerable Prophet modelling experience
- Knowledge of SQL would be advantageous