An exciting opportunity to work with an incredible business operating in a Head of Actuarial (Life) capacity. If you’re a qualified Life Actuary with at least 4-5 years PQE, this is definitely one for you to keep reading…
This is a role with a reputable brand where there already is an existing team of 6 but you’ll have the opportunity to grow the team as you see fit over the coming weeks/months/years. You’ll need to have had experience with managing a team already as the expectation will be for you to take people management responsibilities of the existing team from the start.
Whilst the role will offer you lots of diversity in the work you do, some of the day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Taking accountability for delivery against key business objectives
- Performing the oversight of proportionate risk-based assessments (e.g. Solvency II reviews and Part VII transfers) of life insurance firms
- Leading, motivating, and mentoring team staff
- Actively contributing, as part of the Management Team, in setting the strategic direction and standards
- Acting as a role model for staff by making forward looking risk based judgements and working collaboratively with colleagues
- Supporting and providing oversight in research, including thematic projects and specialism work in key risk areas
What you’ll need in order to be successful:
- At least 4 years post-qualified experience as a Life Actuary
- Good understanding of the key financial and Life insurance risk areas for insurers
- Good technical understanding of Solvency II
- Good knowledge of the relevant PRA rules and wider professional guidance
- Good understanding of the life insurance market in the UK, key industry issues and trends
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
This is a role based in London but flexible/remote working arrangements can be arranged.
If you’d like to know more and hear the specifics, please apply now for one of our team to arrange a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please send a copy of your CV to me at email@example.com and I’ll be in touch to discuss further.