Actuarial Skills Coach
Delivering quality teaching and cutting-edge distance learning to apprentices
An exciting opportunity to provide coaching and providing a high level of professional advice and support to actuarial apprentices; liaising with their line managers to ensure they complete the requirements of their apprenticeship on time. The role will also include regular reviewing/assessing of the apprentices’ work-based evidence and helping them to prepare for the apprenticeship end assessment. From marking scripts to planning future strategy, you’ll play an integral role in upholding the highest teaching standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Arranging introductory visits with the apprentices and their line managers to explain the programme and ensure smooth onboarding
- Undertaking and documenting subsequent progress reviews – either face-to-face or via the telephone – the majority of these will be via the telephone
- Managing own time and workload to ensure progress reviews are efficient and effective
- Reviewing and assessing work-based skills, knowledge and behaviours evidence submitted by apprentices and recommending necessary improvements
- Reporting to line managers and employers on apprentice progress
- Preparing the apprentice for the end-point assessment
- Supporting and advising the apprentices and their line managers to ensure that they fully complete the requirements of the scheme
- Working with the actuarial apprenticeship team to ensure consistency of approach
- Working with BPP’s Quality Assurance Team to ensure all quality assurance requirements and documentation requirements are met within BPP defined timescales
- Raising safeguarding concerns with the BPP Safeguarding team
- Ensuring target retention and completion rates for apprenticeships are met
- Effectively undertaking any other duties as required
- Depending on qualifications and experience, opportunities may also arise to carry out tasks for The Actuarial Education Company, for example marking or course production
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate, and achieve our collective goal of Building Careers Through Education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
What we’re looking for
- Qualified actuary
- A good awareness and understanding of the role of an actuarial technician, actuarial analyst, or trainee (or similar)
- Individual responsibility, honesty, and integrity
- Friendly with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate (e.g., if the apprentice is falling behind)
- Ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support all stakeholders
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively, flexible
- An ability to take responsibility for developing own knowledge and skills
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – written, online, over the telephone and face-to-face
- Good access to major UK cities and Abingdon
- Good IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 – the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands, and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today by clicking on the 'Apply Button'