Non-Life Consultant – Student Actuary
Our Bermudan client is looking to add a non-life consultant to its Dublin Office to work as part of the Bermudan based team of 7 actuaries.
The Dublin team also works on the Bermudan business, so you can bounce questions off your colleagues in Dublin, as well as your fellow team members in Bermuda.
The good news is that you will be expected to travel to Bermuda at least once a year to visit with your team, and perhaps some clients!
Our client is open to many levels of experience, from one year of non-life reserving to several years.
This is a challenging position where you will be:
- Providing high quality actuarial advisory service to clients;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Providing analytical support and technical guidance;
- Participating in the completion and auditing of loss reserve studies for reinsurance companies and captives domiciled in Bermuda;
- Participating in pricing, risk transfer and internal audit projects;
- Conducting reinsurance pricing and special actuarial projects;
Candidates must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 1 year of Actuarial experience within the Non-Life / P&C (re)insurance industry
- Making good progress with actuarial exams from the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) exams (or from any other recognized, equivalent actuarial professional body).
- Strong P&C reserving abilities and willingness to work in other areas of P&C insurance
- Experience of insurance regulatory regimes including working on Solvency II and equivalent projects desirable
- Experience with IFRS 17 is a plus
- The ability to effectively work on concurrent engagements
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. VBA, R, SQL coding experience valuable.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Candidates must demonstrate they are capable of working with demanding situations that require the ability to multi-task on a daily basis
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams
- A willingness and ability to travel at short notice if required