Our Client Firm
Our client is a very large life reinsurer based in Dublin, a leading provider of reinsurance solutions in the United States and across Europe.
Dublin is the base for our client’s European operations, but our client also has offices across the States, Canada, Bermuda etc.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- You will lead a team of approx. 12 experienced professionals (with about 3 direct reports) who operate as key business partners in the delivery of the business goals and objectives.
- A key responsibility will be to ensure that your team is appropriately resourced and structured to adapt to the fast-growing business environment.
- You will manage the ongoing operational relationship with key clients.
- You will develop an in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of your portfolio.
- You will oversee review of client reporting, including monitoring reporting as per treaty requirements, pricing expectations and verification of accuracy of data received.
- You will present clear and concise documentation to effectively communicate key insights and results to all stakeholders.
- You will oversee the design and implementation of model improvements (including model governance and controls).
- You will oversee the on-gong development of administration platforms and be continuously open to implementation of new technologies.
- You will support the CFO in establishing sound governance practices over development of policies and procedures to manage and monitor operation risks and report across the business.
- You will keep up to date with external developments through engagement with professional and Industry bodies.
The ideal candidate:
- You will be a qualified actuary, with a minimum of seven years’ management experience gained in a life insurance or life reinsurance environment.
- You will be assertive, self-motivated with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
- You will possess a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, with a strong appetite to promote change and develop processes.
- You will have the ability to lead and motivate a team that strives to deliver and commits to excellence, with a strong client service focus.
- You will of course possess strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- You will have excellent team management skills.
- You will have the desire and capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- You may have to travel to client meetings in Europe on occasion.
- You will be commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NB Valid work Permit Required for Ireland