Are you a part qualified actuary with experience, or interest, in pricing? Do you have an enquiring mind and a commercial outlook?
If so, then look no further as we have a superb opportunity for you. This autumn, Legal & General is recruiting or a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our Group Protection business.
We are seeking to recruit an actuarial student to support the end-to-end implementation and delivery of pricing processes and procedures, experience investigations and assumption-setting. You will join a successful team of talented actuaries, including qualified actuaries, fellow student actuaries, and our Head of Risk Pricing for Group Protection.
As a company, as one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature, and in parallel this role is exciting and wide-ranging where no day is the same.
What will you be doing?
- Assumptions setting and experience investigations: To support in the delivery of pricing processes and in the delivery of experience investigation processes to enable delivery of results, projects and recommendations within agreed timescales.
- Specifically, provide support for:
- Pricing new and existing protection policies, ensuring the pricing process is efficient and robust by delivering developments to the process as necessary.
- Assisting in development of product range including new distribution deals as required.
- Maintaining good standards of risk control & ensure that governance processes are adhered to, exceptions raised and issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Communication and meeting the needs of our customers: Present and communicate the results of experience investigation analyses to the wider team, stakeholders and governance committees. Understand the needs of our customers, manage the expectations of internal customers and work to agreed timescales. Motivate and support members of the Risk Pricing team.
- Governance and controls: Maintain good standards of risk control and ensure that governance processes are adhered to, exceptions raised and issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Support the development of the systems used for experience investigations and ensure the end-to-end change process is robust and documented in line with regulatory, statutory and professional requirements.
What are we looking for?
This role would sit an actuarial student / part qualified actuary who ideally has previous pricing experience, though we will consider those eager to move into pricing with transferrable skills. We are seeking strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good communication skills and VBA, Excel and Access skills.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products.
We also run a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of, and we provide full study support to our student actuaries to fully complete their qualifications.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. For any questions, contact Helen.Kinloch@landg.com.